When I think about 2015, I just remember a blur of details. It was a normal year. It had its ups and downs as usual. All in all it was a good year.
- I was very happy about my parents visit in the summer. We went to a number of places here and it was a wonderful trip. Initially they weren’t planning on coming but, I really wanted them to come. They agreed to come just to make me happy. Aren’t they wonderful parents?
- That fact that I was able to work freelance and get a decent client base. Getting the opportunity to work freelance is something I really cherish. Not everybody can make that choice. Freelancing finally gave me the freedom I wanted with my work and my time and I’ll say that that extra time was definitely well spent by volunteering at Sarath’s school and reading some new books.
- I spent a lot of time with the kids after school. This is something I know I will cherish for many years to come. Thanks to my freelancing career, now I get a lot of time to spend with the kids. One thing I would like to do this year is to make more effective use of that time so that I can actually do all the activities I want to do with the kids.
- I lost close to 6 lbs just by controlling my diet. This was a great achievement for me. I started maintaining a food log and though initially, it was difficult, I did manage to go with it for about 6 – 8 weeks. S did it with me and both of us lost weight. I am happy to say that I reduced a dress size and my tummy finally shrunk a few inches. Unfortunately, I did not exercise properly at all and after the 8 weeks, we lost the interest and both of us are now back to where we started 🙁 The biggest resolution of this year is to eat reasonably and exercise regularly. I know that it is easier said than done but, I do want to make it a priority.
- The one thing I regret about last year is that I did not blog about all the things I wanted to. Initially, I told myself that I do not have the time to blog. But, later I realized that I do have the time, I just need to use it efficiently. So, this year I plan to write regularly. That said, if I do this blogathon without missing a day, I am going to treat myself 🙂
There are a couple of things that I am looking forward to in 2016. Sanjay will start his kindergarten this September. I cannot believe that my baby is already going to be in school and I will be a mom of two school going kids!!! A bitter sweet moment for me. The other biggest thing is that I am going to be an aunt 🙂 My brother and sis-in-law are expecting their first baby this March. I am terribly sad that I won’t be there to see the baby as soon as he/she is born but, I am super excited as well. That baby is going to be pampered like crazy. I already have ideas about what to buy for the baby and I have enough things to fill a big box.
So, here’s wishing you all a Happy and Fun filled New Year. Hope all your wishes come true 🙂